APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED FOR POSITIONS LISTED
Apply in person or fax resume to (706) 667-9034 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job # 091010
We are seeking a highly skilled, self-motivated Construction Estimator that values and exhibits workplace diversity within the organization as well as inclusive with others in the workforce, to join our growing team. In this expanding position, you will be responsible for surveying projects, estimating labor, materials, and equipment costs, communicating job cost, and creating construction schedules to meet project timelines. The ideal candidate must have a keen attention to detail to maintain oversight of all project activities, identify any issues, ensure challenges are resolved promptly and skillful at estimating projects to set our business goals and expectations accurately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess projects by identifying project requirements, regarding man-hour, labor, equipment, and material costs
- Read blueprints and analyze all other applicable documents to prepare estimates
- Collaborate with owner-clients, subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, and architects during estimate creation to ensure overall accuracy
- Ensure accuracy of the calculation, analysis, and adjustment of estimates
- Present estimates to the owner and our clients in a timely and professional manner
- Recommend cost-reduction options
- Assist in final project preparation and close-out
- Maintain thorough records of all project documentation, including estimates, submittals, transmittals, change orders, sales receipts, and project completion documentation
- Communicate regarding project needs and goals.
- Contribute to the planning and development of projects.
- Support the coordination and management of projects.
- Research information as required.
- Perform administrative tasks such as preparing subcontracts, estimates, submittals, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Keep track of and reporting on project progress.
- Complete any tasks assigned by the Project Manager in an efficient and timely manner.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in construction project estimating or project management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Highly organized and able to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Preferred Noted Skills
- Primavera P6 Scheduling
- Sage 300 Construction Estimating
- Civil and Mechanical Engineering background with a specialty discipline